Thursday, December 20, 2012

Sphere Progress: Day 3



I've only added the "front shadow" which has been difficult. It doesn't look natural to me and though I've tried 20+ times I can't seem to master it. I've used lighter and darker colors with a 1% flow and I've used the warp/distort/transform tools to try to get it and I've come slightly close. This sphere is definitely not easy to do no matter how easy Monsieur Cornell makes it look. Other than the front shadow thing, I've been working on my blending and trying to fix the colors. I would like it to be darker but I can't seem to make it darker while still keeping the volume which is something I will work on next class some more. I've also fixed the white edge. Before you couldn't see the edge because it was too blended into the background but now it's more apparent which looks much better. Comparing this picture to the picture from last time I can see how the front shadow kind of grounds the sphere. It looks better although it's not good. I'm on my way.





No comments:

Post a Comment